Used motec

Support for all parts of the MoTeC Website and the MoTeC Forum

Used motec

Postby DimST on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:48 pm

Hello motec.
a quick questions since I'm out for some used motec parts.
Could you please inform me what to look for when buying used?
I know that first of all I must contact you with the serial numbers to confirm that they are not stolen, but what else will I need, what to look for and what I must also be provided by the seller?

thank you very much and keep up the great work!
DimST

Re: Used motec

Postby MattW on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:54 am

What are you looking at buying?
Sending the serial number to us is a must, to confirm the claimed upgrades are actually enabled and of course making sure it's not stolen!
Think of what you want to do in the future when buying. You may get something cheaper for now but find it isn't suitable for future plans.
Can you tell us what you want to do? We could give advise on exactly what you want.
MattW

Postby DimST on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:28 pm

Hello Matt,
Thanks for all the info.
Our bike is CBR600RR with hrc loom, ecu & third manufacturers gps based data acquisition system.
I'm looking for M800 or M880 with loom for the bike, with tracion control, launch control and anti wheelie, ADL2 with gps and sensors if available (suspension potensionmeters, brake pressure sensor, quick shifter, lamda, etc)
DimST

Postby OmarK on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:23 am

Hi,

The M800/M880 has been used to run this engine many times before. You have made a start with knowing which inputs you require and they can all be wired to the ECU. The ECU will need the 'advanced functions' upgrade to achieve your traction control, launch control and gear change ignition cut requirements. For doing lap timing using the GPS you will need a dash such as the ADL2 which is discontinued or a CDL3/SDL3/ADL3. Again it depends on your logging requirements in terms of inputs as well as if you need maths functionality in the dash and also how much logging memory you require. Like Matt said above, check what options are enabled in the 2nd hand items you are looking at and check whether they have been reported stolen to us. But like any 2nd hand product be careful as you are not going to have any guarantee that what you are buying is 100% working until you use it. ;)
OmarK

Postby DimST on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:16 pm

OmarK, thank you very much for all the valuable information!

Regards
DimST

Return to MoTeC Forum and Website Support