MoTeC T2 to i2 communication

Discussion and support for the operating software of a range of MoTeC products

MoTeC T2 to i2 communication

Postby Geena96 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:34 am

I am trying to steam data from T2 to I2 but the data is not shown in i2 Pro. Following is the method I use for doing so:
In MoTeC T2:
1. Create New Configuration
2. Add Item
3. Under General, I fill in Name and Team
4. Under Input Stream: Data Source: Type: MoTeC LD File then browse for the file
5. Under Output Stream, Add. I fill in the name. Under Export, I choose T2 Server (Network Multicast).
6. Click Ok and Ok again

I see then the Input and Output tabs on the right and the panel on the left with all the details and the Play/Pause buttons

Then, in MoTec I2:
1. I load a previous Workspace or create a new one
2. File -> Telemetry -> Enable Telemetry
3. Add
4. I select the output from T2 and press OK
The status that is shown at this point is Connecting
Then, in T2, I press play to stream the data
The status (in i2) changes to "Connected (Check Security)" and there is no data shown from the file tha is being streamed.

Additional information:
Windows 10 Home, but I have tried it on another Windows 10 machine and a Windows 7 64-bit machine. The same thing occurs.
MoTeC i2 Pro (1.1.2.668)
MoTeC T2 Server (1.1.2.126)

Extra note: I thought this might have been a Firewall issue so I have disable the firewall completely and tried the above again. I got the same results.
The same method was used by a colleague of mine and it works on two of his machines running Windows 7 64-bit.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanking you in advance
Geena96

Re: MoTeC T2 to i2 communication

Postby adrian on Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:44 am

That error message simply means that the data stream is encrypted and you haven't put in the correct credentials to decrypt it.

Are you definitely replaying an LD file and not a T2 Image file? The image files can contain security if they weren't decrypted when they were created.

Do you have any encryption being applied to the output stream in T2?

If you click on Security in the telemetry setup in i2, is there anything listed like in the following image?

Security.png
Security.png (11.78 KiB) Viewed 12899 times
adrian
MoTeC

Return to Other MoTeC Software