Compatibility for latest ECU manager 3.54 with Win 8.1 x64

Discussion and support for the operating software of a range of MoTeC products

Compatibility for latest ECU manager 3.54 with Win 8.1 x64

Postby NOTORIOUS VR on Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:47 am

I'm having a really hard time getting this software to install on my machine... is there any way to get this to run?

It seems the software has been written for XP, and while I do keep an old laptop around for software that is really old I was hoping Motec's latest and greatest software for their ECU's would be compatible with the latest versions of Windows.

It seems by searching the forums and google, people are having similar issues with this software under Win 7 as well?

I've tried numerous combinations with compatibility mode settings under Win 8.1, the best I've been able to do is get the setup to extract the files @ C:\motec

After that it's a no go. I see the application launched in the Task manager, but nothing happens.

I was successfully able to install it under Win 7 x64, so it's surely just an issue with the installer maybe? Is there any chance of getting it to work under Win 8.1 at all?

Suggestions are welcome. I can try to get any logs if they would help.

Thanks
NOTORIOUS VR

Re: Compatibility for latest ECU manager 3.54 with Win 8.1 x

Postby AdamW on Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:52 am

I have installed and used it on at least 5 variations of laptops PCs with Win 8.1 - both 64 & 32bit, with and without touch screens etc and in all cases it installed fine without any special tricks or settings needed. I have never had any comments from my customers struggling either so it seems something fairly isolated to your PC or hardware. It even runs fine on my win10 test PC.
Motorsport Electronics Ltd.
AdamW
Pro User

Return to Other MoTeC Software