Telemetry DDE and Visual Basic 6

Discussion and support for the operating software of a range of MoTeC products

Telemetry DDE and Visual Basic 6

Postby JayDee on Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:52 pm

Hi Guys,
A long shot but..
has anyone got a simple VB6 example DDE client receiving Telem data. We have a very simple example that is getting some data but its not working well or near ideal.
Anyone with better VB6 skills and an example project file would be much appreciated.
Regards, J.
JayDee

Re: Telemetry DDE and Visual Basic 6

Postby Holmz on Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:51 am

Is the computer CPU overtaxed?
A common approach would be to write a simulator which spits out a varying stream that looks like the ECU.
Then you can test to see if it is related to the ECU's stream (size/rate) and move your VB code into DLLs which a significantly faster.
Or MatLab, which is still way slower than high compiled code, but way faster than VB.
Holmz

Re: Telemetry DDE and Visual Basic 6

Postby JayDee on Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:31 am

Hi Holmz,
I dont think so, the PC is fine with the processing, its my awful attempt at VB6!...its been a long long time since I wrote anything and I'm away on event with no reference books and we would like to knock up a simple program that reacts to a couple of DDE values from the Telem. Very simple but then so is my VB knowledge... I can get a single value to update fine but struggle to get 2 or three values to do so. I sure its my code and not data overload.
:)
J.
JayDee

Return to Other MoTeC Software