Setup sheet without excel

Discussion and support for i2 Standard and i2 Pro applications

Setup sheet without excel

Postby Kiboost on Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:48 am

Hi,
In i2 pro, if I open setup sheet window, I can see the path to xlsm file but create button is greyed out.
If I create it, the button is now "Edit" but still greyed out.

I guess it is because I don't have excel installed. I use libreoffice calc, or office online (don't want to poluate my PC with all office stuff and services just for a calc ...)

I would use some script to edit the file, but I don't have setup sheet file to start with. Is there a way to set maybe a registry key to use another calc software, or somewhere to download a newly created setup sheet xlsm file ?

Thanks
Kiboost

Re: Setup sheet without excel

Postby David Ferguson on Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:41 am

The Excel format setup sheet lives in the "Setup Sheets" folder within your workspace. This typically is found in Documents\MoTeC\I2\Workspaces\{workspace name}\Setup Sheets\{Vehicle ID}.xlsm

You could edit this externally - not sure the best trick to get it to update. Usually that happens when you "Edit.." then exit Excel. But you can open Tools->Setup Sheets... to see the current values being used.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby Stephen Dean on Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:47 am

Hi,

I have attached the Circuit Setup Sheet for you, this should be on your computer as well, under C:\Program Files\MoTeC\i2\1.1\Profiles\Circuit\en\Analysis\SetupSheet.xlsm.

i2 is written to interact with this sheet using the built in COM API's in Excel. Without taking time from the software engineering team to investigate allowing this to work with other programs, I cannot see this being changed in the near future.
Attachments
SetupSheet.xlsm
(105.68 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby Kiboost on Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:11 pm

Thanks both, I indeed found the setupsheet.xlsm in my workspace, and also the vbs script that read it with old deprecated vbscript.

Would be nice to have a python script, works great with openpyxl package as I tested it to automatically update the setupsheet when registering stints. These days with online office and such, having excel installed locally is quite rare.

All works on VM with office, but don't want to get it on my pc. Will investigate the vbs to see what can be done, because indeed, no excel installed, no setupsheet. But indeed, on the VM, editing the setupsheet with libreoffice or python works great, values appear and are updated into workspace.

Thanks again for your help, will let you know if I find something interesting.
Kiboost

Return to i2 Data Analysis Software