One workspace for car & simulation

Discussion and support for i2 Standard and i2 Pro applications

One workspace for car & simulation

Postby AndreasZetterlund on Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:38 pm

Hi,

Is there a possibility to have one workspace where I can import the logs from the car with its channel names and another log from the simulator with its own set of channel names? For example, the channel name for speed differs between the two logs but I would like to be able to overlay them and do math/comparisons with both log types.

Is there any good support for this or a workaround where I can use one single channel to compare car logs vs simulation logs?

I am using i2 Pro
Thank you for any feedback
Andreas
AndreasZetterlund

Re: One workspace for car & simulation

Postby NathanB on Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:15 pm

Hey Andreas,

The Channel Alias function will achieve what you want. So with your workspace setup to suit the cars channel names, you can then use the channel alias function to map the channels from your simulation log to the same channel names as the car:

Channel Alias Editor.jpg
Channel Alias Editor.jpg (171.13 KiB) Viewed 3270 times
NathanB
MoTeC

Re: One workspace for car & simulation

Postby marksdoran on Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:46 pm

I have never been able to get channel aliases or maps to work reliably. If there's a trick to it, I would love to know.

Right now what I have fallen back to is using math channels to map the names. Clunky though this is, unlike aliases and mappings which seem to work some of the time on a whim and mostly not work, the math channel approach works all the time predictably. Which is to say all the time except when you have exact name matches in the multiple sets of data that you are trying to compare but that differs from at least one in the set you are comparing...still trying to figure out how to beat that problem (but it's an edge case).
marksdoran

Return to i2 Data Analysis Software