Evo 8 M800 CAN communication with MDC

Covers current and earlier Subaru and Mitsubishi Plug-In systems

Evo 8 M800 CAN communication with MDC

Postby Vlad on Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:16 am

Hello folks, i got last week an evo 8 in the shop, in which i've instaled an PNP M800 and an MDC, I have mapped both and the car is working like a swiss clock. The only problem i have is that i cannot get the MDC to communicate over can with the M800, for logging purposes. The car also has an MDD, over can, which is also working well. Till now, i have tried with both can terminal resistors pads closed and also open, nothing. The same can setup between the MDC and the M800 i have working well, on a previous car. Both group N cars (almost stock). The current car's wiring loom looks kind of...like it went to war, so i have removed the MDC's can connector and connected the MDC with the ecu with a new set of can wires, 10cm long, directly from the mdc to the ecu, still nothing. PS: i can program with no problem both ecu's with the UTC in the same connector.

Kind Regards, Vlad
Attachments
EVO 7 Bogdan Cluj 36mm 2020.e35
(72 KiB) Downloaded 1079 times
Vlad Pescaru
JPR Engineering, MoTeC Authorised Dealer
Vlad

Re: Evo 8 M800 CAN communication with MDC

Postby David Ferguson on Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:54 am

Any chance you got an issue with the CAN addresses?

As I remember the M800 uses decimal values, but most other MoTeC products use hex. What CAN address are you trying to use? Have you confirmed the data is on the CAN bus using CAN Inspector with your UTC?
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Re: Evo 8 M800 CAN communication with MDC

Postby Vlad on Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:43 pm

Found the problem, they communicate over serial, not can...and the serial wires appear to be interupted in the loom somewhere.
Vlad Pescaru
JPR Engineering, MoTeC Authorised Dealer
Vlad

Return to M800 Plug-In ECUs