LTC CAN speed issue.

Discussion and support for the MoTeC PLM and LTC's

LTC CAN speed issue.

Postby blackgsx on Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:18 pm

I am currently running an M150 and LTCD. At the native BUS speed of 1mbps all is fine and everything works as it should. But when I attempt to change the speed on the LTC manager to 500mbps and then change the M150 to 500kbps, it will not communicate, the BUS errors out and goes "BUS OFF". When I switch it all back to 1mbps it starts working fine again. All of this it with the LTCD being the only thing on the BUS. Is there something I'm missing? I've searched and can't seem to find anyone that has had the same issue. Please help.
blackgsx

Re: LTC CAN speed issue.

Postby Stephen Dean on Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:15 am

Hi,

When you are changing the LTC bus speed, are you doing it through the LTC Manager and using a UTC for the communications? The UTC is required as this will autobaud when the rate changes, where as using an M1 or Dash to gateway to the LTC will not work correctly as they do not change their Bus speed.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby blackgsx on Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am

Hi Stephen,

I changed the rate via M1Tune on the M1 itself, then on the LTC Manager. I was not aware that there was another component required to change the speed. Is that the only way?
blackgsx

Postby Stephen Dean on Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:59 am

Hi,

Is there a reason why you need to change the Bus speed on the LTC? This is normally done by us before we send them out, or by the MoTeC Dealer that sell the LTC as they will have the required UTC and looms to be able to make the changes.
Stephen Dean
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby blackgsx on Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:18 pm

I am also running an ID4Motion instrument cluster that runs at 500kbps. I don't currently have the pins to add CANBUS 2 or 3 yet. I guess it's looking like it'll be easier to just add the new BUS than adjust this one.
blackgsx

Postby Stephen Dean on Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:58 pm

Hi,

The dealer that sold the LTC to you sold be able to change the speed if needed, but yes, it would be better to leave the LTC at 1M and use one of the other CAN Buses on the M150 for the Dash communications at 500k.
Stephen Dean
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Return to PLM & LTC