Motec PDM30 Rain light and wiper issues.

Discussion and support for MoTeC Power Distribution Modules

Motec PDM30 Rain light and wiper issues.

Postby Abruzzo116 on Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:22 pm

Hi Guys,

Looking for some assistance and advice on a rain light and wiper issue I'm having with a pdm30 that I have fitted to an alfa 75 GTA.
I am using a 15way keypad with very little digital inputs.
The rain light is turned on via a keypad button but I cannot get it to flash. I have followed and looked at various examples and still no luck.

I also cannot get the wipers to park. I am using output 9 as specified.
I believe that this wiper motor is only single speed so I'm unsure if that makes a difference.

I have attached my configuration and am open to suggestions to rectify my issues. I am new to pdm installs so please keep this in mind.

Regards,

Marco
Attachments
Alfa 75 GTA new PDM setup.pdm
(136.15 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Abruzzo116

Re: Motec PDM30 Rain light and wiper issues.

Postby Stephen Dean on Wed Aug 07, 2024 2:57 pm

Hi,

I have changed the attached configuration to drive the Rain Light from the Keypad button, through a function, to the output. I have also renamed the channels to reflect which operation they are in the PDM so that it is easy to configure them.

With the Wiper setup, it will not park automatically as you do not have a Park input into the PDM, this is needed to inform the PDM when to turn off the output as the motor is in its parked position.
Attachments
Alfa 75 GTA new PDM setup.pdm
(138.25 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby Abruzzo116 on Wed Aug 07, 2024 10:13 pm

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your reply and for sorting out my issue with the rain light.
Can I configure the keypad to park the wiper via CAN?
As this vehicle is a dedicated racecar, there is not combination stalk assembly to provide an input into the PDM.

Also, just wondering if you have any references for the CAN addresses to complete my CAN input channels?

Thanks,

Marco
Abruzzo116

Postby Stephen Dean on Wed Aug 14, 2024 3:20 pm

Hi Marco,

The Park input comes from the wiper motor itself, there should be an output from the wiper motor that provides the park signal, this is wired into one of the PDM input pins and is used in the control strategies. Some examples of these are found in the PDM User Manual that is found in the Help menu of the PDM Manager.

I have attached a base configuration with the standard CAN Messaging out of the M1. This is the link to the M1 to PDM CAN Messaging User Guide.
Attachments
M1 CAN Messaging Template V50.pdm
(74.05 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby sweetpotato on Thu Aug 15, 2024 4:07 pm

hey there, i'm not an expert but have you checked if the wiper motor has that park signal output? might be worth double-checking the wiring diagram for your specific model.
sweetpotato

Return to PDM15 PDM16 PDM30 and PDM32