Firmware problems

Discussion and support for MoTeC Power Distribution Modules

Firmware problems

Postby doriansinger on Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:31 am

I have built cars for the past couple years which have made their way around the world using two PDMs per car, 1 PDM15 and 1 PDM30. I have used the same laptop to do the programming/configurations on all of these cars.

I recently upgraded my laptop because my old one died and downloaded the latest PDM Manager software (1.70?) for it. I ran into a problem when attempting to plug into an older build. It seems like the PDMs only want to communicate with laptops with the same firmware version. As standard practice I save configurations from each car onto my laptop, but since I lost my old laptop I am very concerned about downloading and saving all the configs from previous builds. When attempting to do this, I keep getting an error message "must upgrade firmware" but I will obviously lose all my work doing so. Is there a way to download and save configs from each using my new laptop with the latest firmware in it?

Please help, thanks
doriansinger

Re: Firmware problems

Postby mstech on Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:37 am

Hi, this link will download the previous version of the PDM software (1.50) that should match the firmware on your installed PDM's. If you need an earlier version than this, go to this page

http://www.motec.com.au/filedownload.php/PDM_1.50.0013.exe?docid=4510

You can have both versions running on the same computer, so I would suggest that when you copy the config off of the PDM with the old firmware, that you then upgrade the firmware to the latest version.
mstech

Return to PDM15 PDM16 PDM30 and PDM32