Wiper direct method logic

Discussion and support for MoTeC Power Distribution Modules

Re: Wiper direct method logic

Postby Herrubermensch on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:49 am

pftuning wrote:
Herrubermensch wrote:Thanks. Must be a problem on my end because it still does not pull up.

--Peter

I can get it as well.
I can email it to you if you PM me your email.

PM sent. Thanks! I think I have parsed through Darren's post and understand it now even without the diagram, but would love to see the diagrams nevertheless! Thanks.

--Peter
Herrubermensch

Postby pftuning on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:39 pm

Herrubermensch wrote:
pftuning wrote:
Herrubermensch wrote:Thanks. Must be a problem on my end because it still does not pull up.

--Peter

I can get it as well.
I can email it to you if you PM me your email.

PM sent. Thanks! I think I have parsed through Darren's post and understand it now even without the diagram, but would love to see the diagrams nevertheless! Thanks.

--Peter

Email sent. Let me know if you don't get it.
Cheers
Peter Florance
PFTuning
Virginia Beach, VA 23454
http://www.pftuning.com
pftuning

Postby MattW on Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:37 pm

Herrubermensch wrote:Darren, would you please re-post your attachment with direct wiper logic diagrams? The attachment no longer pulls up. Thank you.

--Peter

Hi Peter,

Just to clarify, Darren's attachment is a .pdm file which is a configuration for PDM Manager and not a diagram.
I think you may be confusing this with a .pdf file.
MattW

Postby Herrubermensch on Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:36 am

MattW wrote:
Herrubermensch wrote:Darren, would you please re-post your attachment with direct wiper logic diagrams? The attachment no longer pulls up. Thank you.

--Peter

Hi Peter,

Just to clarify, Darren's attachment is a .pdm file which is a configuration for PDM Manager and not a diagram.
I think you may be confusing this with a .pdf file.

Lol, you are absolutely correct! I was thinking PDF even though it's clearly a PDM file. I'll pull up the configuration in PDM manager. Apologies for being so thick-headed, and thank you for disabusing me!

--Peter
Herrubermensch

Postby Herrubermensch on Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:08 pm

OK, I pulled up Darren's configuration file in PDM Manager and get it. Very clear.

Now I'm interested in the configuration for variable wiper dwell based on wheelspeed. I'm sure I can work it out, but I'd love to see how Darren did it.

Thanks.

--Peter
Herrubermensch

Postby tarmac terror on Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:17 am

OK. Thought I'd reuse this thread as I have issues of my own regarding wipers.....I have read DarrenR's explanation of methods etc and am a BIT clearer on what I should be doing. However...

I'm attempting to park my wipers on my Skyline R32GTR which I have had no success with whatsoever! The motor output is on Pin 9 of my PDM30 as recommended in the manual. I have wired in a 'park' signal from motor also and the wiper on/off switching is via a button on the CAN keypad.

At the moment pressing the keypad button starts and stops the motor running (That's fine!)

What I want it to do is, when motor is running, upon pressing the button again it completes the current wipe cycle and when park is reached, the motor stops as per factory behaviour.

The best I have managed is to start the wipe cycle but have the motor park at the end of 1 cycle......a bit naff!!

Can anyone shine a light on my problem...??

TT
tarmac terror

Postby Stephen Dean on Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:43 am

Hi Tarmac,

Can you post your config? As there are a number of ways to get the same result with a PDM programming wise, it is difficult to provide an answer without seeing what already exists.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby tarmac terror on Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:33 am

Edit:-
I have attached the complete car config. It's probably not as elegant as it could be but it does what I need it to do. :). You will see that Input pin 6 has the feed from wiper park and Output 9 is the wiper motor output.

I have created 2 functions. To explain my train of thought.. Wiper.park.command is when the motor is running (wiping) and I have then pressed the keypad button again to command a stop.
Wiper.Park.Event is trying to say that, when I have commanded a park and the park place has been reached then do something.

That something is then written into Output pin 9. What I think I've written is that the motor output is True when I press the keypad button (to initiate wiping) or the wipe.park.event is false. That sounds right(ish)

I can understand what needs to be done but can't quite translate that into Motec PDM 'speak' :lol:

Thanks,
Scott
Attachments
R32GTR Configuration.pdm
(178.63 KiB) Downloaded 993 times
tarmac terror

Postby the_bluester on Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:54 am

I am at work so I would not be able to look at your config until I get home, however some quick thoughts. It sounds like you simply want wipers to run at a single speed and to be toggled on or off by a press of one button?

Create a toggle function for the button you want to use, then for output 9, make the output true when the toggle function is true OR the wiper park signal is false (Or true, depends if you are using a normally open or normally closed contact there, just experiment with it, lets call it "Inactive" when the wipers are not parked for the sake of clarity)

That should mean that output 9 is active either when the button toggle is true (Button pressed) OR if the park switch is inactive so when you toggle the wipers off again with the button they should then run until they park and the park signal becomes active.
the_bluester

Postby Stephen Dean on Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:16 pm

As Bluester said, for a simple operation of either on or off, then his setup will work, it's when you have different speeds and intermittent operations that make it complex.

I had a quick look at the config, I can see that something isn't quite right with it, but I haven't had a chance to load it into a test unit and find the actual issue.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to PDM15 PDM16 PDM30 and PDM32