ACL and ADL Logging Rates wont save

Advanced Central Logging System including Versatile Input Modules

ACL and ADL Logging Rates wont save

Postby JayDee on Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:51 pm

Hi all,
After setting up my ADL or ACLs I wanted to save the logging lists with different logging rates.
One with high logging rates for testing and another with slower rates for Long races.

However I cannot get the log tables to save the correct Logging rates, it keeps setting them to default values? I spoke to my local MoTeC dealer and they seemed to think this was normal operation :shock:
We run multiple cars with over 600 channels on the ACL so changing each channel rate for each car and back again as we go from tests to races is a huge pain.
I know what logging rates I want and it seems crazy that I cant save/recall a logging table with my determined logging rates. Is this really the intended operation, it seems hard to believe? :?
Cheers,J.
JayDee

Re: ACL and ADL Logging Rates wont save

Postby YuriK on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:57 am

Hello Jay,
I was able to save and load logging setup files with different logging rates in ACL.
Can you send me the ACL configuration file and also give me an exaple of some channels that changing loggin rate didn't work for them. My email is yuri.khodos@motec.com.au

Regards!
YuriK

Postby JayDee on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:01 pm

Hi Yuri,
Email sent with config and detail of the problem, thanks for having a look at this one. Its proving to be bit of a pain.
John.
JayDee

Postby YuriK on Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:00 pm

After testing it looks like loading logging setup with higher logging rates works fine, but loading logging setup with slower logging rates won't actually change these rates. I'm still checking if this was meant to work this way.
The workaround is to remove all the channels ("Remove All" button) from the logging setup prior to loading another logging setup.

YuriK
YuriK

Return to ACL and VIM