SDL Odometer set

Discussion and support for current Advanced Dash Loggers, Sport Dash Loggers and Club dash loggers

SDL Odometer set

Postby Blu302 on Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:45 pm

New here and first post, Wondering how the odometer can be set with a start value as i want to use it on a street car that has done some Klm's and on another note is it possible to get an average speed for a set time from the SDL?

Any help Appreciated

Blu302
BMW E46 M52TUB25 w/ cams, headers, exhaust, CAI
Blu302

Re: SDL Odometer set

Postby AngryHolden on Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:33 pm

I'm newish to a SDL as well, but I read somewhere that the odometer can't be initially set and will start from zero. However, I remember reading somewhere that Motec themself may be able to do it if it was sent to them.

On the getting the average speed etc would require the data logging to be enabled and it would have to be calculated afterwards by getting the logged data on your laptop and using the i2 software.
AngryHolden

Re: SDL Odometer set

Postby chelspeed on Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:28 pm

Could you use a signal generator to get to the number quickly? With 1 pulse per wheel rotation in the motec and 1000Hz from a sig gen I reckon the odo will be clocking up at around 7200km/hr. Won't take you long to get it somewhere near the number you want to start with then turn the frequency down as you get nearer for better control as you guide it into the required figure. Worth a try anyway.
chelspeed

Return to ADL3, SDL3 and CDL3