SDL logging password

Discussion and support for current Advanced Dash Loggers, Sport Dash Loggers and Club dash loggers

SDL logging password

Postby AngryHolden on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:02 pm

Hi. I purchased a SDL just before xmas and I have it all wired up and working, but now wondering how do I go about getting the password to enable the data logging? Do I purchase from the local dealer, or can I purchase from Motec direct?
AngryHolden

Re: SDL logging password

Postby Martin on Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:01 pm

You buy it through your dealer.
Martin
Pro User

Postby AngryHolden on Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:10 pm

Cheers, I'll ring them tommorow.

On a side note, I can't get my trip meter to work. I have 2 speed sensors that both work, and my odometer works fine, but the trip meter stays at zero. I have then 'next line' switch setup so when I hold it for 3 secs it will reset the trip meter, but thats no use if its always at zero. What am I missing?
AngryHolden

Postby J&R on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:04 pm

Angry H,
the trip meter will not work if your laptop is connected to the sdl!

assuming this the case disconnect the laptop and drive recheck and see that your Trip meter is working. :D
J&R

Postby AngryHolden on Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:24 am

My laptop isn't connected while driving, but hopefully its something as simple as unplugging a laptop would be :D . I'm sure I found a screen that would let me input the initial odometer reading, and also had which sensors to use, but I can't seem to find it again. Any other idea's?
AngryHolden

Postby AngryHolden on Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:33 pm

After getting an enable code that didn't work, I rang the local agent today and he then rang Motec to see what the goes were. He later rang me back and told me how much it was just to get the 8Mb or datalogging memory enable. Damn I almost died when he told me the price. It was just over 2K to get the data logging enabled.

Why is it soo expensive??? I've just spent over 5K on getting a data logging dash and sensors that won't even log data. I would never have expected it to cost that much. If I had known it was that much extra I probably never would have got one (unless I won Lotto or something).

Anyone know any way I can log data direct to a laptop?
AngryHolden

Postby Martin on Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:56 am

2k AUD?
Martin
Pro User

Postby AngryHolden on Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:29 am

$2k NZD ($1600 AUD). I need to find a cheaper way to log the data. For that price I could buy a brand new laptop just to log the data if I could find software that'll do it.
AngryHolden

Postby Martin on Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:17 pm

You are right, that is the price of a well spec'd new laptop, never thought of it that way....
Martin
Pro User

Postby MSE on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:31 am

but the laptop does not include the purpose written motorsport analysis software - people often forget when you are purchasing logging it is more than the hardware you are purchasing.
MSE

Next

Return to ADL3, SDL3 and CDL3