Dash Installations

Discussion and support for current Advanced Dash Loggers, Sport Dash Loggers and Club dash loggers

Dash Installations

Postby killerbee on Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:23 pm

I have been trying to get some ideas regarding the proper way to mount a Motec dash. I was wondering if there was a more or less standard way to proceed. I few examples would be very helpful.

Thank You
killerbee

Re: Dash Installations

Postby IJ. on Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:36 pm

Not sure if there's a "proper" way, I built mine into the stock gauge cluster using a piece of .8mm sheel aluminium.

IJ.

Postby killerbee on Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:09 am

Thank you IJ. So there is no issue with vibration mounting directly to the sheet. Dash looks very nice BTW.
killerbee

Postby killerbee on Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:10 am

Thank you IJ. So there is no issue with vibration mounting directly to the sheet ? Dash looks very nice BTW.
killerbee

Postby IJ. on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:40 am

Mine is bolted into the rear Plastic behind the Guage cluster using the MoTeC studs and extensions, I doubt there's enough vibration in a street car to effect it.

The Al sheet is only a facia and plays no part in the mount, If you're using solid engine mounts or if the car is a race car or offroader I'd look at using some bonded rubber instrument mounts (RX7 Radiator or Oil cooler mounts work well)

Having said that though watching the Paris/Dakar offroad race this year on TV I didn't see any dashes that looked to have flex mounts :)
IJ.

Return to ADL3, SDL3 and CDL3