CDL with keypad

Discussion and support for current Advanced Dash Loggers, Sport Dash Loggers and Club dash loggers

CDL with keypad

Postby TF_DOHC on Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:38 am

I have a CDL and have just acquired a 15button keypad. A PDM is in my future plans but for now I would like to use the keypad with the CDL. I have translated the keypad setup for the C12* dash back to the CDL but can’t get the keypad to respond to the dash. Any help would be appreciated
TF_DOHC

Re: CDL with keypad

Postby NathanB on Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:59 am

Hi,

Please see attached for a working example. There are some items that need to be transmitted for the keypad to wake up, along with the brightness settings.

The LED's are controlled with the bit combine function, so I have added the first 4 buttons in to light the green LED on key press.
Attachments
Keypad example.C16
(803.79 KiB) Downloaded 366 times
NathanB
MoTeC

Postby TF_DOHC on Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:02 pm

Thanks Nathan, I had got a start from Scott @ Motec but that helps me understand the led's now!!

Any Ideas how to eg, push Button 1 once to activate channel , push button 1 again deactivate channel ??
TF_DOHC

Postby SOReilly on Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:53 am

Hello,

Below is an example of how you can create a latching function in your CDL3 using the keypad buttons.

I have created an Activate - Deactivate user condition with the Output Channel set as a GP Off / On.

The activate condition is Keypad Button X = 1 and GP Off / On = 0 for 0.2s

The deactivate condition is Keypad Button X = 1 and GP Off / On = 1 for 0.2s

The output channel will switch from 0 to 1 or vice versa depending on the value of the output channel.

The GP Off / On channel must have been either 0 or 1 for 0.2 seconds before the condition will accept another button press, this adds a debouce to ensure the deactivate condition isn't immediately triggered after the activate condition becomes true.

keypad latching.JPG
keypad latching.JPG (46.16 KiB) Viewed 6668 times
SOReilly
MoTeC

Postby TF_DOHC on Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:03 pm

SOReilly wrote:Hello,

Below is an example of how you can create a latching function in your CDL3 using the keypad buttons.

I have created an Activate - Deactivate user condition with the Output Channel set as a GP Off / On.

The activate condition is Keypad Button X = 1 and GP Off / On = 0 for 0.2s

The deactivate condition is Keypad Button X = 1 and GP Off / On = 1 for 0.2s

The output channel will switch from 0 to 1 or vice versa depending on the value of the output channel.

The GP Off / On channel must have been either 0 or 1 for 0.2 seconds before the condition will accept another button press, this adds a debouce to ensure the deactivate condition isn't immediately triggered after the activate condition becomes true.

keypad latching.JPG

Worked like a charm, thank you
TF_DOHC

Return to ADL3, SDL3 and CDL3