Odometer and speed display motec

Discussion and support for current Advanced Dash Loggers, Sport Dash Loggers and Club dash loggers

Odometer and speed display motec

Postby racingrr on Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:21 am

Hello,

I have a motec cdl3 installed in my gsxr1000 and I can't put the odometer on the display and also the speed in kmh since it only marks the speed in mph, where do I have to go to configure it?

Thanks
racingrr

Re: Odometer and speed display motec

Postby David Ferguson on Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:29 am

Use the MoTeC CDL3 Dash Manager. You can choose the channels to be displayed, and the units to be used using Functions->Display, just use the Tabs to pick the display page, then select the channel (or screen location) and use the "Change..." button to edit.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby racingrr on Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:23 pm

Hi ,

Yesterday I did tests to be able to put the odometer and the km, I got speed to go out but the speed marked me in mph and I don't see the option of kph, and the odometer I tried to put it in all the sections and there is no way, the step captures screen to see what I do wrong.

Thanks for your time.
Attachments
12.jpeg
12.jpeg (33.21 KiB) Viewed 13708 times
11.jpeg
11.jpeg (88.44 KiB) Viewed 13708 times
racingrr

Postby David Ferguson on Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:57 am

Can you post your CDL3 Configuration? Where is Dig In 3 Speed coming from? Direct connection or ECU data stream?

The issue is that the channel "Dig In 3 Speed" is a unitless channel. I would suggest using a channel designed for ground-speed measurement, such as "Wheel Speed Front" or "Wheel Speed Rear". Basically, you need to change the channel in either your Comms template, or in the channel assignment for your direct input connection.
If this data comes of CAN or RS-232 This can be received in .1 km/h units, and you will be able to choose MPH as the units for display.

Your local dealer that sold you the CDL3 should be able to help with this.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby racingrr on Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:13 am

Good, in the end I have managed to get the odometer out and I have already set the speed in kmh, but now I have the problem that the odometer at which I stop the vehicle sets the counter to 0 again and does not keep track of the actual km.

Do you know where this option can be?

very thanks!
Attachments
2.jpeg
2.jpeg (81.77 KiB) Viewed 13662 times
1.jpeg
1.jpeg (82.7 KiB) Viewed 13662 times
racingrr

Return to ADL3, SDL3 and CDL3