CDL3 to display actual mileage

Discussion and support for current Advanced Dash Loggers, Sport Dash Loggers and Club dash loggers

CDL3 to display actual mileage

Postby Davin on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:31 pm

I recently purchased the CDL3 Kit and installing it to my M2R. However, I want the CDL3 to replace my whole cluster including the odometer. In the software, it only has a provision to read up to five digits and my actual milage for the odometer on the chassis is over 100k, making that six digits. Is there a way to have it more than 5 digits and is there a way to input actual milage to stay street legal?
1993 Mazda RX7 | 13B-REW | T04Z | M2R (w/ logging & lambda) | CDL3 Track Kit
Davin

Re: CDL3 to display actual mileage

Postby JamieA on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:57 am

Good question. I hadnt looked into this!

I have just setup a test dash here, and set the odometer to 195,000kms

and... it works.

the odometer in our dash range is a 32 bit number, so it will be able to read km's far beyond the life of a car.

As for a display, if you put it on the bottom row of the display, it will show at least 6 digits. It suggests in the manager that it is only going to show 5, but I just tested it, and it shows the entire 195000 that I have set the odometer to.

If you need to set your odometer to a starting value, it will have to come back to your motec dealer to be done. This is because to make the dash legal as a vehicle display, the odometer isnt allowed to be reset by law. The Pre-Setting of odometers has to be done here.

regards,

jamie
JamieA

Return to ADL3, SDL3 and CDL3