ADL Dash Manager and Secondary CAN addresses

Discontinued earlier generation Dash Loggers

ADL Dash Manager and Secondary CAN addresses

Postby David Ferguson on Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:51 am

I have a customer that wants to use a device with his ADL that transmits on CAN ID 0x2B0. This is listed as a conflict with the ADL, but no details on when this is used (i.e. would it only be a conflict when downloading data, uploading a config, or monitoring channels?).

So to play around this this I set up an old ADL on my bench, and use Dash Manager -> Online->Communications and ticked the "use Secondary CAN" address. Now I can't talk to this ADL (or any ADL) using Dash Manager.

I thought I could just start it up with the -c"Primary CAN Connection", but I get a dialog saying this interface doesn't exist.

Can someone tell me how to recover my ADL Dash Manager?

Thanks!
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Re: ADL Dash Manager and Secondary CAN addresses

Postby David Ferguson on Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:38 am

I could really use a little help. Any insights? Have I described the situation I'm in sufficiently?
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby David Ferguson on Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:30 am

For anyone searching about this problem in the future, reinstalling Dash Manager 3.2, brought my comms back to life
Last edited by David Ferguson on Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby SOReilly on Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:27 pm

Hey David,

I tested this yesterday afternoon and had a similar experience to you where I wasn't able to communicate with an ADL using a UTC.

I have since reinstalled MoTeC Dash Manager v3.20U (current release) and have since been able to communicate with the ADL as expected.

I will respond here when I know more.
SOReilly
MoTeC

Postby David Ferguson on Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:04 pm

I appreciate that you tried to replicate my problem, and updated us with your result. My update...

So, only comms to my second ADL (which had the 3.2u firmware installed) worked. The original dash that I connected with (I just noticed it as 3.2P firmware), remains uncommunicative.

Is there any "clear config & reset dash" available to an end-user, or do I need to send this to MoTeC USA for some special recovery?
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Return to ADL, ADL2 and SDL