Looking for GPS L 5

Discontinued earlier generation Dash Loggers

Looking for GPS L 5

Postby Phillippe68 on Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:44 am

Hello
After connecting my sdl to my computer, i saw that a GPS L 5 was connected on it now but it's missing !!
If some one can sell me one ?
Many thaks to your answer
Philippe
Phillippe68

Re: Looking for GPS L 5

Postby David Ferguson on Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:04 am

Where are you located. I'm sure a dealer in your region can help. Have you looked under the dealers link on the Motec.com.au website?
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby Stephen Dean on Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:37 am

Hi Phillippe,

If you go into Inputs | Communications is GPS - Standard RMC GCA listed next to the RS232 icon? If this is blank, click on it to highlight the slot and then click the Select button and scroll down until you see the GPS - Standard RMC GSA template and select it, then click OK to load it into the slot, click OK to exit the Communications Setup window and the Save the configuration and send it in to the Dash.

If the RS232 slot is already occupied with a Serial communications template for an ECU, then you will not be able to run the GPS into the Dash as you can only have one Serial device into the display.

If the GPS template is present in the RS232 slot, connect to the dash and to to Online | Monitor Channels and scroll down to find a channel with the name of RS232 Diag or similar (I do not have a SDL to hand to find the exact channel name). This channel should be reporting 0 if there are no faults, if it is reporting a number other than 0 then there is a fault in the data.

1 Parity
2 Framing
4 Noise
8 Overrun
256 Bad config
512 No data
1024 Checksum error
2048 Wrong data

It is also possible to have a combination of these errors being reported, so you could see 1028 being reported, which would mean that you have Noise and and Checksum error.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby Phillippe68 on Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:06 am

Hello
To David :
yes there are dealers in France but i am looking for a second hand GPS if it's possible ...

To Sdean :
Thank you for your answer but i think everthing is ok in the SDL but it"s the device who is missing ...
Regards
Philippe
Phillippe68

Return to ADL, ADL2 and SDL