ADL Ground Speed Errors

Discontinued earlier generation Dash Loggers

Re: ADL Ground Speed Errors

Postby JamieA on Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:13 pm

I would think that if this is the problem, you can do this to fix it:

1) change you calibration in the ECU to Km/h
or
2) go into inputs / Communications. Click on RS232, then advanced. Select the recieved channel tab. Scroll down to the dig in 1 speed channel. Select that channel, and click change. In here, you can us the multipler and divisor parameters to scale it back to metric, so that dash manager scales it back to imperial for you.

regards

Jamie
JamieA

Postby dbm55 on Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:03 am

Ok, sounds like Dash Manager expects (and defaults to) metric measurements. Your solution option #2 seems like it might have the capability to introduce more error into the end resulting speed since it would be calibrated as MPH on the ECU, then converted twice (once to KPH in the Advanced Dialogue as you describe, then back again to MPH internally). If it expects metric to be coming in, could I just set the Units to KPH in the display setup, thereby effectively instructing it to do "no conversion"?

Otherwise, my inclination would be to go back to option #1. Sounds like that's sort of the "base unit of measurement" for speed that all the MoTeC software wants. But since I want to see it in imperial in all my logs, etc., that means I have to convert it manually in I2 to MPH, right? Would that need to be done in the channel mapping (Dig In 1 Speed to Vehicle Speed, see image in prior post above) or in the Vehicle Speed properties (see here):
Vehicle_Speed.jpg
Vehicle_Speed.jpg (50.6 KiB) Viewed 9886 times

Thanks for the help!
dbm55

Postby JamieA on Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:14 am

you wouldnt have to convert it manually, you could use the channel mapping option like this:

mapping.jpg
mapping.jpg (17.66 KiB) Viewed 9859 times

It would always look for a channel called "oil pressure" and convert it to PSI, regardless of what units it was logged in.

That is one option. As you can see, there are may ways to do this...

-Jamie
JamieA

Previous

Return to ADL, ADL2 and SDL