multiple configuration on m400

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

multiple configuration on m400

Postby CDX on Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:11 am

i see that you can have multiple configurations on the m400.

by configuration, does this also mean map?

how would you control this within the car? via a rotary switch would be preferable, also how do u set it up in the software? i would assume it would be on an AT, but there doesnt seem to be an option for it that i can see.

also is there a way to put in an overall trim rotary switch into a loom and configure that?

thanx
CDX

Re: multiple configuration on m400

Postby RossB on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:40 am

"Multi Config" Allows you to have up to 4 different Configuration files in the ECU. The Configuration file contains all of the engine maps as well as the setup for the inputs, outputs and engine setup. This is different to having a rotary pot or trim switch which would allow you to apply a trim to the tables in the ECU.
For example in a rally car you might have one configuration for a competitive stage and another one for a transport stage where things like anti-lag are not required and the car needs to be more drivable. You may also have a different configuration for different fuels. Because it is a different Configuration you coule even have it set up to run a different engine if you wanted to!
The Multi Config setup menu is found in the File menu in ECU Manager. It uses AT5 and AT6 to switch between the different coonfigurations, if you are just using 2 configurations you only need to use one input. The AT inputs need to be left un-assigned in your configurations and wired up so that they are switched to ground.
The Configurations are stored in "Slots" within the ECU. THe "Adjust Slot" is where your main configuration is stored, this is the only Configuration that can be adjusted when you are online to the ECU. The other configurations can only be edited off line and then re-sent to the ECU or moved to the Adjust Slot for online tuning.
There is a channel within the ECU called "Active Config" which can be used for data logging purposes and for display (ADL/SDL etc) so that you can keep track of which Configuration is being used.
RossB

Postby CDX on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:48 pm

Thankyou very much.

I do realise there is a difference between the config changing and the fuel trimming, i intended it as a separate question, so on that, is it possible to wire up a trim switch into a system?

thankyou
CDX

Postby RossB on Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:38 pm

Yes you can connect a trim pot to an AT or AV input which can be used to trim fuel, ignition, boost etc. We actually sell a 9 position switch specifically for this purpose (Part # 56100) or you can use any other suitable pot.
RossB

Postby C4a0s on Thu May 20, 2010 3:15 pm

RossB wrote:"Multi Config" Allows you to have up to 4 different Configuration files in the ECU. The Configuration file contains all of the engine maps as well as the setup for the inputs, outputs and engine setup. This is different to having a rotary pot or trim switch which would allow you to apply a trim to the tables in the ECU.
For example in a rally car you might have one configuration for a competitive stage and another one for a transport stage where things like anti-lag are not required and the car needs to be more drivable. You may also have a different configuration for different fuels. Because it is a different Configuration you coule even have it set up to run a different engine if you wanted to!
The Multi Config setup menu is found in the File menu in ECU Manager. It uses AT5 and AT6 to switch between the different coonfigurations, if you are just using 2 configurations you only need to use one input. The AT inputs need to be left un-assigned in your configurations and wired up so that they are switched to ground.
The Configurations are stored in "Slots" within the ECU. THe "Adjust Slot" is where your main configuration is stored, this is the only Configuration that can be adjusted when you are online to the ECU. The other configurations can only be edited off line and then re-sent to the ECU or moved to the Adjust Slot for online tuning.
There is a channel within the ECU called "Active Config" which can be used for data logging purposes and for display (ADL/SDL etc) so that you can keep track of which Configuration is being used.

Hi Ross,

You mentioned that AT 5 and 6 are used for switching configs if we have 3 or 4 maps by switching to ground.. may i know the logic sequence? is there a reference file for this info?

Thanks
C4a0s

Postby cotje on Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:00 am

Hi all,

Based on the story above I wired up AT5/6 on my M800 to test the multiconfig setup. I was able to load different maps in slot2 and slot3 and could see the selection changing while applying the switches for AT5/6.

In the main screen I've activated the Active config display but I'm only able to change the config after resetting ("R") the ECU.

Question: why can't I change the config while running? Is this normal?

Thanks in advance!
cotje

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs