High boost switch

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

High boost switch

Postby Doorev1200 on Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:53 am

I want to make a high boost switch. I have digital wired to a latched switch so that it is on when grounded. I am going to make boost comp 1 table add 15% to my base boost when i press it.
I am having trouble under input pin setup. I made a new channel under user and called it HI BST. For setup i chose Dig2 input. For calibration i used custom- unitless no decimal place. For the table i used input of 0 to be 0 and input of 1 to be 1.
I then made a table under boost comp 1 to do the same with 15%.
I doesn't seem to work and wonder if there is a better way or proper way to do this?

Thanks!
Doorev1200

Re: High boost switch

Postby Stephen Dean on Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:41 am

Under Adjust | Digital Input Functions what do you have set as a function for Dig In 2?

If you go to View | Raw Input Values and click on the Digital/Ex (Digital) tab, does the value there change when the button is pressed?

How is the button wired? between 0V and the Input, or is voltage being supplied to it?
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Re: High boost switch

Postby Doorev1200 on Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:11 pm

The switch is wired to ground to to digital 2 input. I am doing this remotely for a friend. Under the status dig2 does change from off to on when the switch is triggered.

I did however make it work and thisnis what I did.

I used timer 1 activated by digital input 2. I then made a table under boost aim that had timer 1 on one axis and wide full throttle time on the other axis. I then divided timer 1 into 0.0, 0.01, 2, 4, 6, and 20 seconds. Then under 0.0 seconds is my base boost aim number and then all other spaces are the high boost aim numbers. I can then switch between high and low boost using the timer2 fed by digital 2 input switch to ground.

If i had the m400 setup in my shop i would have been able to figure out and use the boost comp table activated by digital 2 input.
Doorev1200

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs