LTCD vs Lambda 1 plus Lambda 2 enable codes

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

LTCD vs Lambda 1 plus Lambda 2 enable codes

Postby CraigComet on Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:49 pm

I have an M800 that doesn't currently have lambda enabled. Is there any benefit to enable the single and then the dual upgrade codes in the ECU versus buying a LTCD? The price is about the same between both options.
I already have the wideband sensors wired into the ECU from when lambda was temporarily enabled during the first start of the engine (if that makes any difference).
Thanks,
Craig
CraigComet

Re: LTCD vs Lambda 1 plus Lambda 2 enable codes

Postby David Ferguson on Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:05 am

The only difference would be if you are considering upgrading to an M1 ECU in the future, then you would need an LTC, and if you bought that now, it would already be in place.

Of course, there is no wiring involved, if you just wanted to enabled the dual lambda on your current ECU.

You choose what is more important.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby CraigComet on Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:37 am

Thanka David - that's a great point about the LTCD being transferrable across to an M1 if I go that path in future.
I was also wondering if there would be any difference in speed/lag with the lambda sensors wired into the M800, versus the information coming in via CAN. I don't suppose that would make enough of a difference to be an issue either way?
CraigComet

Postby SOReilly on Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:39 pm

The LTC transmits at 100hz, there's more delay in the sensors ability to detect changes in the gas mixture than the LTCs ability to transmit the measured lambda.
SOReilly
MoTeC

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs