3x 8 Injectors

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

3x 8 Injectors

Postby periclase on Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:43 am

I require an ECU for a special engine combination.

The engine in question is a Supercharged V8 in a Tube Frame chassis car.

The ignition is a MSD 44AMP Magneto, so the ECU will not be controlling any Ignition paramaters.

I require the engine to Run 3 sets of Injectors (8).

One set will be required to work at idle (and possibly WOT).

Two sets will be required to work at WOT.

I presume that the only outputs this engine will need will be 24 injector drives?

What inputs will the ECU require?

Regards, Andrew
periclase

Re: 3x 8 Injectors

Postby Philipwight on Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:10 am

you could set up two aux outputs to trigger a relay by rpm to send power to the injectors as needed.

It would be fun to tune but would work.
Philipwight

Postby thadeausmaximus on Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:01 am

you could probably do it as a more conventional hi/low setup using 16 outputs (I've only looked into 12 outputs for 6 cyls). one set of drivers to run the idle injectors and on the second set run them in either series (low impedance) or parallel (high impedance). That puts two injectors per driver on the high flow set. If you run them in series it would change the delay characterization. I am sure if you talked to the guys at injector dynamics they could help with the corrections to make it work great. I just don't know if there are 16 drivers available. Maybe link two boxes?
thadeausmaximus

Postby RossB on Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:32 am

If you want to run the injectors sequentially you will need 2 ECUs as you will need 16 injector drivers. You can do this with an M800 using one ECU as a "Master and one as a "Slave". All of the tuning is done through the MAster ECU. You will need sensors for Ref and Sync as well as Throttle Position, MAP, Air Temp, Coolant Temp etc.
RossB

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs