m800 DBW settings, how long does it normally take????

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

m800 DBW settings, how long does it normally take????

Postby audi4u on Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:35 am

What tools are required to be able to characterize a dbw throttle body. The reason for the question, is that I have sent a thottlebody to a motec dealer to be characterized and its been ~ 3 months.
My project is on hold because of it and I am very frustrated.
Any help is appreciated.
Andre
audi4u

Re: m800 DBW settings, how long does it normally take????

Postby RossB on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:56 pm

This can only be done by us here at MoTeC Research Centre or at MoTeC Europe. The correct settings are essential to achieve acurate throttle response and current requirements. In-correct settings could cause a dangerous failure. I would suggest that you contact your dealer and ask them to chase up the calibration for your motor.
RossB

Postby Ben-S on Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:55 am

It can be done by anyone with a good working knowledge of a drive by wire system. I have done 3 thus far with no issues and all my required vs actual tps logs look just like they should. I would imagine Ross is right though if you or your tuner didn't know how to properly set ALL the values I could imagine some pretty sketchy situations although I have never had anything bad happen. If it's really been 3 months you could have learned how to set one up 5 times over while you were waiting. I'm sure MoTeC's reason (just like any other ecu manufacture) for claiming only their research center can do it is liability.
Ben-S

Postby IJ. on Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:14 am

audi4u wrote:What tools are required to be able to characterize a dbw throttle body. The reason for the question, is that I have sent a thottlebody to a motec dealer to be characterized and its been ~ 3 months.
My project is on hold because of it and I am very frustrated.
Any help is appreciated.
Andre

I may be reading the above bold part wrong but I take it that it's ALREADY at a Dealer and that it's been 3 months since it was sent in so maybe the Dealer has sent it to MoTeC.
IJ.

Postby RossB on Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:20 am

Ben,
There is more to characterising a DBW throttle than just making required TP and Actual TP match. We do not recommend that anyone attempt to do this themselves as this may lead to a failure of either the DBW or the ECU itself.
RossB

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs