From M4 to M400: leaner !?

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

From M4 to M400: leaner !?

Postby Wolf_Tm250 on Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:57 am

Is there any technical reason why the car now is leaner, changing from an M4 to an M400 with the SAME, just converted, map ?!

Thanks.
Wolf_Tm
Toyota Celica GT-four ST205 - full TTE/WRC hardware
Parma - Italy
http://www.youtube.com/user/WolfTm250
Wolf_Tm250

Re: From M4 to M400: leaner !?

Postby JamieA on Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:28 pm

The M4 and M400 are certainly not identical in either hardware or software, so there isnt any guarentee that you would be able to do a direct copy from M4 to M400. It shouldnt be too bad though, I would just play with the IJPU number increase or decrease it to change the overall fueling) until you get the tune to match what it was before. You may not need to retune the whole engine, as once you get the injector multiplier right again, it should be right across the engine. BUT I would alway recommend doing a check across the whole engine range after this change to be sure about it..

-Jamie
JamieA

Re: From M4 to M400: leaner !?

Postby Wolf_Tm250 on Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:41 am

JamieA wrote:The M4 and M400 are certainly not identical in either hardware or software, so there isnt any guarentee that you would be able to do a direct copy from M4 to M400. It shouldnt be too bad though, I would just play with the IJPU number increase or decrease it to change the overall fueling) until you get the tune to match what it was before. You may not need to retune the whole engine, as once you get the injector multiplier right again, it should be right across the engine. BUT I would alway recommend doing a check across the whole engine range after this change to be sure about it..

-Jamie

Yes, sure...
thanks for the explanation!
Wolf_Tm
Toyota Celica GT-four ST205 - full TTE/WRC hardware
Parma - Italy
http://www.youtube.com/user/WolfTm250
Wolf_Tm250

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs