ECU LOCKED

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

ECU LOCKED

Postby mfalah on Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:34 pm

Hello there,

My tuner has locked my ecu to stop anyone from accessing it. normally that wouldnt be a problem but here it is because it is a terrible tune. ecu fries spark plugs and this time my coill has even been damaged because it runs too rich when idling. i am not sure it does that when its cold or not but hell. gotta open the ecu to see the parameters with my own eye.

This guy completely refuses to answer my calls or even reply to my whatsapp anymore. He lives very far away in another country and therefore I cannot go and stand there myself. my motec dealer told me that the ecu needs to be send to Australia, but i was wondering if there is any other way out? like getting the team there to access my ecu via a team viewer or whatnot.

thanks,
mfalah

Re: ECU LOCKED

Postby adrian on Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:51 pm

Your Dealer is correct, there is no way for us to unlock an ECU remotely, it has to be sent back to us. The process of unlocking it also clears any tuning information so it will have to be completely re-tuned.

Speak to your Dealer about getting it sent back, they will have to get in touch with us regarding the issue as we also don't simply unlock ECUs for no reason. There are a number of criteria that have to be met before we will unlock them.
adrian
MoTeC

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs