Cruise control?

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Cruise control?

Postby JulianEdgar on Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:37 pm

Anyone made cruise control happen on a hundred series ECU with DBW? I am using it with an ADL3.
JulianEdgar

Re: Cruise control?

Postby Sean on Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:55 pm

I believe I have had this conversation with MoTeC technical support, and their position was NO, for various reasons, including public liability and duty of care. After all it is a system that applies throttle without driver input. OEM's spend man years on it and have way better insurance than us normal folk.
Sean

Postby stevieturbo on Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:02 am

Some other ecu's offer it onboard, or you can buy retrofit kits for most cars with DBW.

Really dont see how there would be any liability issues given all such ecu's are sold for motorsport use and not intended for road use. And lets face it, there are a gazillion other aspects within a calibration that could cause all sorts of bother nevermind cruise control....even more so with DBW.
stevieturbo

Postby Allan on Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:35 pm

just have the cruise unit pull on the DBW pedal, from memory there is a statement on here somewhere that there will be no more Mx00 development.
Allan

Postby Sean on Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:32 pm

stevieturbo wrote:Some other ecu's offer it onboard, or you can buy retrofit kits for most cars with DBW.

Really dont see how there would be any liability issues given all such ecu's are sold for motorsport use and not intended for road use. And lets face it, there are a gazillion other aspects within a calibration that could cause all sorts of bother nevermind cruise control....even more so with DBW.

I agree with a lot of that Stevie, was just relating my conversation with tech support. I was talking to them specifically about a road car application though.
Sean

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs