enable / disable functions on top of map function

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

enable / disable functions on top of map function

Postby JulianEdgar on Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:20 am

There doesn't seem any way to do the following, and I am wondering if I am missing something obvious.

How can you enable / disable a function controlled by an aux output, in addition to its mapped output? For example, I have the EGR valve operation mapped on a 3D table for throttle position and rpm. But if I want the output to become active only above a certain engine temp (eg 80 degrees), there doesn't seem a way of doing it without (say) using another output and switching a relay that disables the EGR valve. Can this enable/disable be done in the software?

There are also other maps where I'd like to be able to do this but cannot use a relay because the map controls an internal function (eg a change in fuelling).

Any ideas?
JulianEdgar

Re: enable / disable functions on top of map function

Postby Scott@FP on Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:59 am

in the case of the EGR you could use function 102 thermo fan instead of a straight aux table, that way you get a temp point for on/off and still have the table and output setup flexibility.

Just because a function is labelled XX doesn't mean you can't use it for YY, sometimes ya gotta think outside the box.
Scott@FP

Re: enable / disable functions on top of map function

Postby JulianEdgar on Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:36 am

That's very smart indeed - thank you.
JulianEdgar

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs