Toyota 2UZ-FE ref/sync crip

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Toyota 2UZ-FE ref/sync crip

Postby Alex B on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:23 am

Hello mates,

Would anyone have ref/sync mode and crip parameters for Toyota 2UZ engine or better yet a start up file?

Ref/sync capture attached

Thank you

Alex
Attachments
newl200sixt[1].zip
(10.89 KiB) Downloaded 859 times
Alex B

Re: Toyota 2UZ-FE ref/sync crip

Postby AdamW on Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:49 pm

Looks like you have a 36-2 wheel with a single sync pulse, so:
Ref/sync mode = 7
CRT = 36
Ref & sync edge polarity = fall

Also both your sensors seem to be offset from 0V so I think you will want to use the trigger voltage setting to correct this:
Ref trigger voltage = 1.2V
Sync trigger voltage = 0.7V

I cant give you a crip but if you do the ref/sync capture again but this time with all spark plugs out except for #1 cylinder then that might give us enough info to make an educated guess.
Motorsport Electronics Ltd.
AdamW
Pro User

Postby Alex B on Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:07 am

Hello,

We are further into the project and car has installed ECU now and we are having trouble starting the engine.
From what I see in ref/sync scope there is a problem with the ref and sync trigger edge alignment very close.

Both injectors and coils are wired for batch fire so what would be a proper cylinder and ref/sync mode for this setup?
My thinking its 24 for cylinders and mode 8 which doesn't require sync therefore solving ref/sync edge alignment issue.

Scope and cal attached

Best regards
Alex

PS How would all except 1st plugs help estimate crip?
Attachments
VM Ex.zip
(18.17 KiB) Downloaded 821 times
Alex B

Postby AdamW on Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:09 pm

Alex B wrote:From what I see in ref/sync scope there is a problem with the ref and sync trigger edge alignment very close.
Your “sync alignment” doesn’t look so bad to me, I would expect it to work ok.

Alex B wrote:Both injectors and coils are wired for batch fire so what would be a proper cylinder and ref/sync mode for this setup?
My thinking its 24 for cylinders and mode 8 which doesn't require sync therefore solving ref/sync edge alignment issue.
If you want to change to batch fire mode, then the following changes should do it;
Ref/Sync mode 8.
Cylinders 48
Halve the normal IJPU number.

Alex B wrote:PS How would all except 1st plugs help estimate crip?
Often by doing a ref/sync capture with only #1 spark plug fitted you will get a ref trace with a significant ‘dip’ or trough in just one area – the centre of this trough area indicates roughly TDC #1 cylinder on compression stroke. Unfortunately though this effect is not very distinguishable on your second capture – maybe this engine just doesnt crank fast enough?
AdamW
Pro User

Postby Alex B on Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:54 am

Hello Adam,

We managed to start the engine today with mode 8, however since we have M600 it won't allow 48 cylinder selection so I used 24 setting and engine works ok. Let me know if this is ok. There are only 4 injector and 4 coil outputs wired.

Cheers
Alex
Alex B

Postby AdamW on Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:47 pm

Hi Alex, that is odd that the m600 does not allow the 48 cylinder setting. It definitely used to work on a M4 so I don't know what the logic is behind this. I personally have never tried it with a hundred series.
My logic would have suggested the 24 cylinder setting would only switch on two injector drivers but if your engine is running on all cylinders then it seems like you should be ok.
AdamW
Pro User

Postby Alex B on Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:33 am

Hi Adam,

My understanding is that 48 mode uses 8 physical outputs batch firing them and since M600 has only 6 outputs ecu manager doesn't allow it. Since we are using only 4 outputs mode 24 works for us.

Cheers
Alex
Alex B

Postby Scott@FP on Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:06 pm

With missing/additional tooth modes sync location doesn't matter as long as it doesn't occur very close to the missing/additional ref tooth, or in the case of VVT cross over the missing/add'l tooth. If sync occurs significant distance after the index tooth (first ref tooth after missing/add'l), and VVT won't make it get close, all is good. In your case sync may have been too close to the index tooth for it to work.

I'd be more concerned about the large 0 voltage offset between ref and sync, could be a sign of an issue.

You still need to set the firing order in the software, this may have been the reason using ref/sync mode 7 didn't work.
Scott@FP

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs