Looping Aux outputs back into Dig Inputs

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Looping Aux outputs back into Dig Inputs

Postby Martin on Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:59 pm

Hi,

I would like to do a Nitrous setup that will disable nitrous when Bottle pressure is too low and also when it is too high. Would Looping an Aux output back into a Dig input be a problem? In some Motec Literature it is stated that a 0v should be wired to a dig input and NOT an earth. Is this a problem? Isnt the Aux output switching an Earth?

I would also like to implement this with the gearbox control, any sugestions?

Thanks
Martin
Martin
Pro User

Re: Looping Aux outputs back into Dig Inputs

Postby Lip on Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:24 am

Hi Martin, I did this (connecting aux to digital) twice and had no problems:
On the one hand I wanted logging to be started under certain conditions and it worked.
On the other I needed a timer to be started under certain conditions an did work also.
Lip

Postby Martin on Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:42 am

Thanks,

Im doing planning on a project and i dont want to run into trouble later....thanks for your input
Martin
Pro User

Postby MarkMc on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:52 pm

Hi Martin,
We have always done this in the past and never found any problems.
MarkMc

Postby Scott@FP on Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:17 am

If you're going to put a pressure sensor on it, use bottle pressure for a nitrous fuel trim.
Scott@FP

Postby Martin on Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:06 am

Hi,

Its a 6 Fogger wet system, But i guess i can add some fuel through the injctors to keep it on the dot...thanks for the suggestion :)

The main reason im fitting a N2O pressure is to send it from the M800 to the PDM to control the Heater blanket and also have the data on the SDL which in turn will drive a SLM. The nitrous trigger goes to the SDL and a table decides if all parameters are OK, from there to a digital input on the ECU that will do the RPM and TP checks to activate the nitrous. The ECU output then goes to the PDM that will trigger 1 fuel and 2 N2O solenoids in series (just a double safe for sticking solenoids). The reason the PDM Drives the Solenoids are because they are 12 amps each!

I know there could be as much as a 20ms delay from signal to actual power to the solenoid becuase PDM calc`s are done at 50Hz...but i think a normal relay wouldnt be much faster anyway.

Any coments on this?

Martin
Martin
Pro User

Postby Scott@FP on Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:06 am

If it isn't that big of a hit I'd do a dry setup and add fuel thru the injectors (if you have enough extra capacity). Fuel distribution/delay issues are eliminated, less plumbing, fewer points of potential failure. Call me crazy but the last one used an .073" :shock: single jet, bottle pressure fuel comp, worked great.
Scott@FP

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs