Current and ratio for 16 injectors?

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Current and ratio for 16 injectors?

Postby Lorcan on Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:45 pm

Hi all,

We have a four cylinder dragbike with 4 injectors per cylinder, arranged in two banks of 8 injectors. The injectors are wired in parallel in pairs. They are high impedance Siemens GAS004 injectors.

We are getting injector errors flagging up on the datalog at 200kpa manifold pressure, the secondaries should start working at 150kpa, which they appear to do as the bike goes rich, then goes weak again at 200kpa as the error occurs, it looks like the secondaries aren't working.

We have the current for both primaries and secondaries set to 0, and the ratio set to 4. Is this correct? It's an M800 unit.
Lorcan

Re: Current and ratio for 16 injectors?

Postby DarrenR on Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:32 am

Hi,

What is the actual injector error? What is the resistance of the high impedance injectors? What type of fuel regulator do you use, 1:1, rising rate, and what fuel pressure?
Darren Reynolds
MoTeC Research Centre - Melbourne, Australia.
DarrenR
MoTeC

Postby Lorcan on Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:10 am

Hi Darren,

I think the injectors are 16 ohms. The fuel pressure regulator is a normal 1:1 Weldon unit, static pressure is 60psi. Fuel pressure seems to track boost ok. I'm not sure what the injector error is, or how to find it, but there is a "1" in an orange box on the datalog.
Lorcan

Postby DarrenR on Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:42 pm

From what you describe it sounds like you have the correct settings.

Would you be able to send me a log file that shows the injector error and leaning of the mixture? I'll take a look and see if i can see whats happening.
email to darren.reynolds@motec.com.au
Darren Reynolds
MoTeC Research Centre - Melbourne, Australia.
DarrenR
MoTeC

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs