AE111 Idle Valve Settings

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

AE111 Idle Valve Settings

Postby f8. on Fri May 18, 2012 1:50 am

Hello,

I'm running the individual throttle bodies from the Toyota AE101/111 together with the original Toyota Idle Control Valve. Its a 3 wire unit, centre pin to +12V, 'Open' pin to M800 Aux6 as PWM Idle Control, 'Close' pin to Aux7 as Idle slave.

I would like to know what is the frequency I should use for this valve, as well as its max and min duty cycle. The coils seem to be slightly more than 20 Ohms each.

Currently I'm using 20Hz, P gain 1.5, I gain 0.025 and D gain 0.2. I am also using the Toyota throttle opener which mechanically kicks the throttle open when the vacuum drops to almost atmospheric pressure. It starts up and idles well but after a while, if other acessories kick in and load the engine the idle will hunt low and high and I can hear the idle valve struggling to keep the engine running, before it eventually stalls.

The idle valve supplies air to a small chamber which feeds the map sensor and brake servo, as per the original Toyota setup.

If it needs to be more than 200Hz then I'll move it to Aux 1-4. Has anyone set these up with success please?

Thanks,
Foo
f8.

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs