Supercharger boost control with DBW throttle

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Supercharger boost control with DBW throttle

Postby Martin Zellner on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:48 pm

Hello

I do have a Lotus Elise with a Honda K20Z4 engine and Rotrex supercharger. I’m currently using an air restrictor (~38mm) mounted at the superchargers inlet to keep the boost at ~0,6bar –> 280bhp
During next winter I want to do some changes to the engine and run much higher boost without an air restrictor -> but I’d like to keep the boost down in the lower gears… I know it would be possible to do this by using an blow off or bypass valve, but shouldn’t it also be possible using the DBW throttle??? (especially if it’s mounted before the supercharger???)

Thanks for helping

-Martin
Martin Zellner

Re: Supercharger boost control with DBW throttle

Postby MANDALAY on Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:32 pm

I understand what you are talking about the restrictor.
Was going to do that but decided to forge my internals and run full boost.

I just use a recirculation valve, the OEM turbo bov. Well i have the 3SGE red top.

Which Rotrex do you have ? I wouldnt think you will have to limit the PSI in lower gears unless you have the very big series C38.

I can say for sure that on the C30-94 you wont have to.

BTW make the restrictor accessible because once you figure in the intake, air box , pipe , intercooler etc you might have actually less with the 38 mm ring

BTW you are going to LOVE the Rotrex
MANDALAY

Re: Supercharger boost control with DBW throttle

Postby MarkMc on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:58 pm

If you have DBW just limit its opening in the lower gears. The DBW translation table can be 4D just have it maped for different "power" in lower gears.
MarkMc

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs