Motec Control Of Second Injectors M800 Plug And Plug

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Motec Control Of Second Injectors M800 Plug And Plug

Postby trainwrex on Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:26 pm

Hey guys,

Im looking at putting secondary injectors on the motec which is a plug and play ECU... Can anyone tell me how i can overcome this??

Apparently i cant use my Air/con slot as the wiring tracks werent designed for controlling secondary injectors..

My version ECU is (WRX 78, 8935).. I am currently not running air con so can use those outputs if needed..

Any help appreciated..
trainwrex

Re: Motec Control Of Second Injectors M800 Plug And Plug

Postby MarkMc on Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:17 am

Hi,
We can never recommend a reliable way of mofiying the M800 OEM board for eight injectors, the board is simply not designed to do it. The ECU is primarily designed for Group N use.

The tracks in the OEM board are designed for the electrical current they will use in the factory application so adding injectors to them could permanently damage the board (not necessarily the M800 connected to it though).

About the only reliable way of doing what you want would be to sell the OEM and buy a Gold Box M800 and make an adaptor loom or add a second ECU.
MarkMc

Postby stevieturbo on Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:55 am

What about using the Motec's low current outputs to drive an injector driver box. Say for example those used to convert saturated output to peak/hold

That way you could have proper control of a set of low impedance injectors, but without the power loadings on the ecu circuitry.

Must admit...I was a little annoyed to discover the M800 pnp couldnt drive low impedance either !!!

Although injectors up to about 1000cc are available in high impedance anyway...
stevieturbo

Postby MarkMc on Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:28 am

As I said,
The PnP was designed for a factory system, just about everything uses high impedance injectors these days. Removing the low impendance injector drives made for a cheaper M800......which everyone loves. And as you said, there are heaps of alternatives for aftermarket injectors.

You are more than welcome to experiment with even wiring the injectors directly through the PnP board but I cannot recommend anything based on a "this may work" basis. I am sure most people choose MoTeC becasue we don't like to do dodgy brothers fixes for stuff.
MarkMc

Postby stevieturbo on Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:52 am

True, although it is only very recently that decent sized injectors are becoming available.

It was this limitation on a different ecu that I am using, that pushed me towards using 16 injectors for my setup, over 8 larger ones...simple as couldnt find any injectors circa 1000cc in high impedance, although I have since found people selling some.
stevieturbo

Postby trainwrex on Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:18 pm

Thanks for the reply mark...

Ive sent u a pm..
trainwrex

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs