Motec just for one actuator

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Motec just for one actuator

Postby ryhash on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:00 pm

I wonder if it's possible to Motec work in parallel with the Original ECU of the vehicle, where all the calibration and maps are in the Original ECU.
The Motec (M800) will be used only for one actuator. For this, I was thinking to set only the necessary inputs for the actuator in the Motec, such as RPM, coolant temperature, etc., ignoring all the other errors, like ref/sync (if it's possible). Could Motec work on actuators even with errors in Ref/Sync?

Do anyone know if that is possible, and what are the main configurations on Motec to do this?

Thanks,
Yuji Hash
ryhash

Re: Motec just for one actuator

Postby MarkMc on Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:29 pm

This should work ok but I would recommend splicing the crank and cam triggers to the MoTeC ECU so that it thinks as if it was running the engine. You have not given any detail for what you want to do. Some functions will not work if there are ref/sync errors and some will, you need to be a bit more specific.
MarkMc

Postby ryhash on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:31 pm

Thanks Mark,

About the details, I wanna test one actuator in the engine, but maintaining the original calibration of the engine. That's why I use the original ECU of the vehicle. I don't know yet the inputs required for the actuator work properly, but it'll be something like rpm and coolant temperature.
Since Motec is the easiest way to work on the actuator, I was wondering if I can use it, despite of not using Motec as the main ECU of the vehicle. So, only the cam and crank sensor signals in Motec are ok to use the actuator?
ryhash

Postby stevieturbo on Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:12 pm

Seems an expensive way to run one actuator ?

What is this actuator ?
stevieturbo

Postby Holmz on Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:16 am

stevieturbo wrote:Seems an expensive way to run one actuator ?

What is this actuator ?

yup Steve...

Unless it is a variable cam or something on that order.
If it is an on/off 'thing' You could do the math in a display or something else.
Holmz

Postby MarkMc on Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:33 pm

You really need to tell us what the actuator is and what it does. Some functions require calculations based on the ECU assuming it is running the engine, some functions do not. I can only give you morw advice if you can tell me exactly what you want to do.
MarkMc

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs