Ref/Sync Not Synced

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Ref/Sync Not Synced

Postby schnied on Wed May 26, 2010 6:26 am

Hello,
as I said before I'am fairly new to the whole Motec World, so I have another Problem installing the Motec M800.

I connected the REF and SYNC Sensors, both magnetic, to the ECU. I'd like to know if the setup is right, so I cranked the Engine ang got the REF/SYNC NotSynced error as you can see in the picture below.
screen1.JPG
screen1.JPG (222.61 KiB) Viewed 6071 times

I'd like to know if the setup is rigth or how to set it up. Therefore I added also the REF/SYNC Capture Screen.
screen2.JPG
screen2.JPG (171.89 KiB) Viewed 6077 times

Please help me.

Thanks

Jan
schnied

Re: Ref/Sync Not Synced

Postby MarkMc on Thu May 27, 2010 5:25 pm

Hello schnied,
The Ref/Sync Synchronized "Not Synced" is always active when the engine is not turning, this is basically saying the ECU does not know where the engine is in its cycle, if the crank is stopped how can it. You need to be in the diagnositc errors screen while you crank. Your setup looks basically right but you have not included your mag level tables so I cannot say for sure.

Crank the engine with the diagnositc errors screen open, if you get any errors while you are cranking to do with ref or sync (usually get a couple on the first half a turn) press "enter" and see if the come back, all while cranking. Hopefully the Ref/Sync Synchronized will go to ok, as soon as the crank stops it will go back to Not Ok.
MarkMc

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs