Variable Intake System M400

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Variable Intake System M400

Postby MeasurementMan on Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:56 pm

Hi,

in my new sportscar project I want to install a variable intake system. Thus I want to ask, if it is possible to use the Multi Config setup to switch online between different maps? how long is the reaction time?

Thanx for the Help
MeasurementMan

Re: Variable Intake System M400

Postby DuaneM on Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:21 am

You could use the multi-config system to switch between maps but in come cases this introduces more complexities than are worth the trouble. The switching time is fast but not instantaneous. Typically under 0.5 seconds, so not something you would use as a driver aid, more for major switches (such as fuel from petrol to LPG) where a completely different ignition map is desired.

Multi Configs must all have identical input/output settings (ie table setups) for on-the-fly switching to work. If the tables have different outputs set (for example AUX5 is used for stepper drive in one config and Fuel Pump in another) the ECU must be reset each time the multi-config is switched, thus making on-the-fly switching impossible. In addition all of the logging datasets in the fixed slots (1-3) must be identical to the logging dataset used in the Adjust Slot . if this is not the case then logs will be corrupted when configs are switched.

Generally we find that most requirements can be met more elegantly by using multi-axis tables within a single configuration. AT5 and AT6 can still be used as switch inputs but they directly control an axis, (or multiple axes on different tables) rather than switching configs. In addition the respoonse time is instant, and channel filtering can be used to elaborate the switching.
DuaneM

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs