Starting problem

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Re: Starting problem

Postby CrazyDave on Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:18 am

Hi Sean and David,

afraid the log from 26th Jan is my first time accessing the ecu, I was hoping there would be data from my race in Sept, as I had only run the engine up a couple of times since.

Anyway got the so and so running, but the engine started to run away so I hit the kill at 3,500 rpm. I guess this is where TPD and the throttle opening come in? I had increased fuel in the next rpm and throttle position cells as I thought this might improve chances :shock:

am I correct in assuming that if I reduce tpd from 4% to say 1% this will bring down the runaway and that I will have to reduce the main fuel table to compensate for the reduction in air flow?

Log no 8 attached for reference.

many thanks
David
Attachments
20210307-0621507.ld
(111.03 KiB) Downloaded 452 times
CrazyDave

Postby David Ferguson on Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:46 am

Try changing the first column in the Position Translation table to 3% (probably won't take much, and 1% is like too closed). Remember your Drive-By-Wire Comp table is also adding 1.5% for the first several seconds of run time.

You should not need to change the fuel table just because you changed the Position Translation -- it will interpolate the new position to provide the fueling change.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby CrazyDave on Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:42 am

Cheers David your a star.

Ta
Dave
CrazyDave

Previous

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs