ERROR REF NOISE TR

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Re: ERROR REF NOISE TR

Postby MarkMc on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:13 am

Hello,
Mode 68 relies on the sync tooth staying within the bounds of two ref teeth which is extremely unlikely on something with 36 teeth so your timing is very likely to jump around as the revs climb.

Change to mode 7 and take the spark plugs out and unplug the injectors. If it syncs with no errors with the plugs out then this is a Tooth ratio tuning issue. You need to put the plugs back in and change the Tooth Ratio by 5 (then reset the ECU) and test.
MarkMc

Re: ERROR REF NOISE TR

Postby DOOREV800 on Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:01 am

MarkMc wrote:Hello,
Mode 68 relies on the sync tooth staying within the bounds of two ref teeth which is extremely unlikely on something with 36 teeth so your timing is very likely to jump around as the revs climb.

Change to mode 7 and take the spark plugs out and unplug the injectors. If it syncs with no errors with the plugs out then this is a Tooth ratio tuning issue. You need to put the plugs back in and change the Tooth Ratio by 5 (then reset the ECU) and test.

I will give this a try. I did have the plugs out and it did sync in mode 7. It also syncs when the plugs are in aswell which is good im sure. Where should I start my tooth ratio at? the recommended 50? and then move up by 5?

thanks for all the support so far!
DOOREV800

Previous

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs