Best paddle shifte kit

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Re: Best paddle shifte kit

Postby Pascal on Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:41 am

Dear Arve, I cant find it on Magna Parva WEB site shifter. I see only Ultrasonic Drill Tool for Planetary Sampling - ESA TRL Study and few other interesting space tool's. At moment I am not planning to lounch any car on the moon but i would like to see any new product for padle shifters. ;)

There is never enough competition in this field of auto industry. Please post link where to see padle shit.

Thanks very much

Pascal
Pascal

Postby Arve Flaat on Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:23 am

Dear Pascal

I bought the kit in mars 2008, then it was on their internet page.
Try too contact: andy.bowyer@magnaparva.com.
Maybe he can help you.

Regards
Arve Flaat
Arve Flaat

Postby Arve Flaat on Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:02 am

Hello

Here is maybe a used Magna Parma system: sivertjo@start.no
Arve Flaat

Postby MarkMc on Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:50 am

Hi Arve,
If you link the digital input for upshift into an Auxiliary output you can set this output to go active at a set RPM (say, a few RPM before the limiter). This way you still have your upshift button when you want to short shift and the ECU will make sure you get the next gear just before the limiter.
MarkMc

Postby Arve Flaat on Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:40 am

Hello Mark

That was a very good idea. I will try that.
We have some problems driving on snow. It is not good for the gearbox too change gear at to high wheel slip. Can I set the Aux table to -100 and prevent a gear change at too high wheel slip?

Regards
Arve Flaat
Arve Flaat

Postby Martin on Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:12 pm

Exactly!

Marky, were having the same problem on gravel with high powered off road cars....remember in the gearbox control parameter thread i asked about it?

May we have the upshift clutch activation please on gearbox control parameters?

It would really save a lot of money and gearboxes!
Martin
Pro User

Postby MarkMc on Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:05 pm

Hi Guys,
I understand the high slip gear change problem and have put in a request to have a clutch feature added for up shifts. Sounds like some sort of maximum slip parametr may be needed as well.

Martin, I know it is a bit of a band-aide fix but are you able to have another output connected to the clutch with a table based on gear change cut time and slip? if slip is high and cut time is over xxx the table is 100% to throw the clutch. Or have a timer started by an up-shift request as the axis on the table....?

Just a thought.

Marky...? Only my Mum calls me that. :)
MarkMc

Postby Martin on Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:59 am

Thanks for the tip on the upshift !

Sorry about the "marky"...must have been an error ;)

Regards
Martin
Martin
Pro User

Postby Arve Flaat on Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:26 am

Hello Martin

Have you tried TC with speed as slips unite? We had that on a rally car earlier and it worked very well. Changing gear with quick shift from 1st to 2nd was no problem even on loose snow. It could be done with 80 - 100% TP all the time.
TC is not legal now so we can’t use it.

Regards
Arve Flaat
Arve Flaat

Postby Martin on Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Hallo Arve

No I havent tried it, its not legal in the class...exept if I do it with DBW :) TC is a challenge in itself because the cars are 1300kg 650Hp cars that are rear wheel drive and if you did TC by Ign retard it would mostly run with No timing at all because of the ECU trying to get the wheelspin under control. DBW TC would be an option but Ive tried DBW TC on track cars and I dont find it fast enough and it tends to flutter when you try and increase Proportional gain to get it fast enough. My guess is that TC with DBW will be even worse on an offroad car where RPM is very choppy when its in wheelspin.

Thinking of this...maybe you can activate TC just before you shift to decrease wheelspin. If it does make some noise you could say its got to do with the GCIC :) Gearshifts will be longer though

M
Martin
Pro User

PreviousNext

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs