Tuning tips

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Re: Tuning tips

Postby neil trama on Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:52 pm

If you open ECU manager and you immediately go to the fuel table, Lambda goes out of closed loop control.

Could this be the problem?

Neil
neil trama

Postby pzero on Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:40 am

No, I am not even going to the fuel table. Also, the lambda table is zero on the idle and near idle sites.
pzero

Postby aalzuhair on Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:18 pm

Did you try to set the lambda table at the idle area with 0.97?

It might be better to post your map file .. members would be at a better position to answer you

Az
aalzuhair

Postby mhd on Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:25 pm

Hi:
I have the same problem with mine too I have 2006 STI and my tunner spend over 12h tunning, put finaly he found the problem is the DBW setting , and he take the seting of the DBW from the start file which come with the ECU and did some tunning on the fuel map and now the car idel good, but I have problem with the idel when the car cold, I spoke with my tunner he said I should send the car to him and the tunner is in other country and this is my problem, I'm traying to learn more about tunning coz no one in My Country know about tunning at all

Thank's
M.Olabi
ProRacing Co.
mhd

Postby RossB on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:51 am

The sensitivity is a gain on the accel source (normally throttle position) rate of change. As the rate of change changes the ECU updates its calculation. The Clamp value, which is in %IJPU, determines the maximum amount of transient fuel regardless of how high the sensitivity is set.

The Accel Fuel channel in the ECU shows the ammount of transient fuel being applied at any time, it is useful to log this channel to determine the effect of changes in your setup.
RossB

Postby Billzilla on Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:29 am

If I might make an odd suggestion - set the idle mixture by ear rather than using the lamda probe - With big cams they can sometimes let in a lot of air and on overlap you can get some funny readings from the sensing gear.
Just play with the mixtures up & down until you find a spot that the engine seems to like.
Look at the points around that part in the map and you see the trend for a smooth transition off-idle.

It doesn't work for all engines, but it might be worth a go for some.
Billzilla

Previous

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs