cbr m800 start file

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

cbr m800 start file

Postby formulauem on Tue May 24, 2011 12:52 am

Hello!!! I´m a in a formula student team and we´ve recently purchased a Motec M800. We have set a CBR 600 RR engine and i have a couple of doubts:

First of all I would like to know if I have to connect the coils direcctly to the ignition outputs or put a ignition module between them.
Secondly, has someone any start file or base map for this kind of engine and motec? I will appreciate it very much.
Also i don´t know if just with the serial port (Tx, Rx, 0V) and an USB adaptor I can connect the motec with my laptop.

Kind regards.
Thankyou very much.

www.formulauem.es
formulauem

Re: cbr m800 start file

Postby MarkMc on Thu May 26, 2011 3:57 pm

Hi,
It depends what coils you have. If they only have two pins then it is very likely that it is just a coil so you will need an ignition module between it and the ECU.

Does the coil have more than two pins?

The ECU connects to the laptop via a CAN connection usually through a MoTeC UTC (USB to CAN adaptor). There is no Serial connection from the ECU to the laptop.

A start file will really depend on what crank and cam sensor you have. Got the the webinars section of the web site and watch all the webinars to do with ref/sync.
MarkMc

Re: cbr m800 start file

Postby formulauem on Thu May 26, 2011 6:37 pm

Thanks!i´ve seen that the M800 has the pins for connection by serial port and i supposed that i could use it .

De coils has just two wires, so i will buy an ignition module, but whichone?

By the start files, i have the original sensors of the motorbike CBR 600RR year 2005 (most used in formula student) with o2 sensor. With Ref and Sync both magnetic.
formulauem

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs