anti lag - bypass

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

anti lag - bypass

Postby fetzi on Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:55 am

hello,

maybe someone can help me.

i want to use antilag on our rallycross car. i don't want to open the throttle permanently, so i tried to
install a bypass, that is opened by the m800 if antilag is needed.

the problem is, that all of the 8 outputs are used and i don't know how i can open the valve which should
bring air to the engine.

my question: is the valve only opened when the driver puts his foot from the throttle or is the valve opened when the driver activates antilag with a swith in the cockpit?

i think if the valve is normally opened when the driver activates als it doesn't matter if i open the valve for the air manually without support from the m800. do you agree?

does anyone have a good setup for a racing car with restrictor?

thanks for your help.

regards
fetzi

Re: anti lag - bypass

Postby MarkMc on Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:50 pm

Hello Fetzi,
You say you have an M800, how many cylinder does the engine have? If you are not using all of the injector or ignition outputs then you could use one of the spares (only M800, can't do this on an M400 or M600).
MarkMc

Postby fetzi on Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:26 pm

hi mark,

thank you very much.
i only use ignition outputs 1 and 2, so there are four ignition outputs left.

the problem is that i don't know exactly which function is used. i only want to open a valve (0% or 100%).
so the value in the air bypass table (boost enhancement) is set to 100 (duty cycle).

now i defined a table (air bypass table):
on y-axis: TP
on x-axis RPM
properties: ignition out4 duty cycle (%)
i inserted the value 100 where anti lag is needed, for example TP=0, RPM=4500 value: 100
TP=100 RPM=6000 value: 0

which function is used on ignition out4? function 3 AUX TABLE (pulse width modulated or switched?)?

thx.

best regards

the
fetzi

Postby MarkMc on Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:54 pm

You should set the output function to be Status Output (function 115) and set the Selection Parameter to 31 for "Overrun Boost Active". In this way the solenoid will be activated when ever the anti lag is supposed to be on. There is no reason to use any tables this way and the Anti Lag function will be in control.
MarkMc

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs