Sudden Engine Shutdown When Modifying Values in MoTeC

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Sudden Engine Shutdown When Modifying Values in MoTeC

Postby VolvoPenta on Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:01 pm

Hi all,

I'm experiencing an issue with the MoTeC M800. While running my engine and adjusting values in either the ignition or fuel main table, the engine suddenly shuts down at certain moments.

I'm puzzled because the values I'm modifying are typically 2 or 3 columns/rows ahead of the current operating point. Additionally, the RPM limit is not being reached. It seems to occur when I select too many cells.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? What could be causing it, and how can I prevent it from happening again?

Additionally, I've noticed that changing values outside of the current working area also has an impact. For example, when I increase my injection duration in cells two or three rows above, the engine revs up even though the operating point does not reach these changed cells.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.
VolvoPenta

Re: Sudden Engine Shutdown When Modifying Values in MoTeC

Postby Sean on Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:44 pm

You'll need to post the logged data from the ecu from when the problem has occurred, impossible for anyone to help without it.
Sean

Re: Sudden Engine Shutdown When Modifying Values in MoTeC

Postby rsscotty on Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:11 am

I have seen this a few times, so I avoid those type of multiple line entries to keep it from happening. I don't believe logged data will tell you the problem.
rsscotty

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs