M800: No sensor readings, shows 0 battery volts, yet PC spea

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

M800: No sensor readings, shows 0 battery volts, yet PC spea

Postby Chris Wilson on Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:22 am

Fresh install of a new M800 on an RB26 Skyline engine. My laptop sees the ecu, and can apparently update firmware OK. However, despite the injectors and coils seeing 12 volts from 2 different and known good batteries, as does the ecu, the "View Sensors" screen show no sensors working, and zero battery volts. Downgrading to earlier software and changing firmware to suit shows 5 battery volts but still zero from all sensors. I can't upgrade the ecu options, either, despite having the passwords. The PC is communicating via a Motec parallel port cable and the CAN BUS into the M800. Loom is a modded stock one, using a loom adaptor between Motec and stock loom plug. Any ideas please?

Only really odd thing is when you initially power up the ecu I see a very brief red single spike waveform move slowly across the engine temp graph, only for it to then disappear completely. The *only* reading I am getting is internal ecu temp. I have tried 3 variations of software, from old to current. I can write new maps to the ecu. The ecu has never been used before.

Thanks for reading.
Chris Wilson

Re: M800: No sensor readings, shows 0 battery volts, yet PC spea

Postby DarrenR on Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:34 pm

Hi Chris,

That doesn't sound to good... You may have a short in your wiring loom that has damaged the ECU.
Please return the unit to your dealer to be checked out.

Regards,
Darren Reynolds
MoTeC Research Centre - Melbourne, Australia.
DarrenR
MoTeC

Re: M800: No sensor readings, shows 0 battery volts, yet PC spea

Postby Chris Wilson on Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:50 am

I took the unit into Motec UK this morning and it checked out, as a sole unit, OK thankfully. I had been given a mis typed initialisation code, so couldn't initialise or update options. Hopefully this will now allow things to work, I'll test it tomorrow and post my findings. Thanks for the reply.
Chris Wilson

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs