Traction/Boost/AUX Output Control

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Traction/Boost/AUX Output Control

Postby TOL on Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:56 pm

I'm not sure that I even know enough yet to properly phrase this question, but I'm learning fast, so here goes.....

I will have a M800 with ACL controlling a vehicle very soon. I will also have an external power adder system acting in response to an Aux table output, adding supplemental power to the base engine output at request.

I would like to allow the driver to remain primarily flat foot (drag race, tire limited), and have the Motec manipulate/modulate that output sort of analogous to the way in which Traction or Launch control would PID control the fuel or spark. The primary bias inputs of choice would be: 1) rear drive wheel slip derived from GPS data and rear wheel speed and laser sensors for rolling tire radius. 2)vehicle G's. 3)measured driveline torque into the rear axle assembly.

My desire is to reduce the power adder affect to counteract positive slip, and increase the power adder affect if the commanded output did not achieve the requested driveline torque increase, and reduce the power adder affect if the G's and driveline torque both have a persisting negative slopes. Many other scenarios will likely also come to mind in the future.

My understanding of the Traction Control system is that it will only alter IGN or FUEL or DBW, or is this a false understanding? Can it be made to affect some other user definable parameter/table? Could the boost control routines somehow be hijacked to at least in part accomplish what I describe above? Or, would it be better to just forget the pre-canned routines and start fresh with tables (although how would a person do PID or closed loop with just user defined tables)?

Again, I am still learning/reading/thinking, so a few nudges at the general overview level would be most helpful for directing my thinking at this point.

Thanks.
TOL

Re: Traction/Boost/AUX Output Control

Postby IDP on Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:43 pm

You can get the TC system to adjust anything you like.
Set the TC settings as normal but set Max Power Reduction to 0 , The ECU will now calculate power reduction but not apply it.
You can then use the TC Power Reduction channel as an input to any table etc.
IDP

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs