M800 with PLM, can I see which Lamda sensor has open heater?

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

M800 with PLM, can I see which Lamda sensor has open heater?

Postby Chris Wilson on Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:12 am

I started my Skyline today after a long lay up. It has M800 ecu with twin Lambdas. It also has a PLM. The PLM readout box was showing C4 after a warm up. I know this is open heater, but can I run the lap top and see from "live data" from the ecu which of the two Lambda sensors is faulty please, or do I need to check at the sensor plugs with a multimeter? Thanks.

Until I can get a new Lambda can I turn them off in the software and run open loop? I can post the map if required, but it's on an old hard drive right now, it would be quicker to download from the ecu than fiddle about.
Chris Wilson

Re: M800 with PLM, can I see which Lamda sensor has open hea

Postby Sean on Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:32 pm

You will see it in the view sensors screen or the diagnostic errors screen easy enough. Easy to turn off closed loop from adjust/functions/lambda control. Is it safe to do so, depends how close your map is, is your call.
Sean

Re: M800 with PLM, can I see which Lamda sensor has open hea

Postby Chris Wilson on Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:06 pm

Thanks for the fast reply Sean, Dave Rowe of Motec UK mapped it and I am sure he said the open loop map was only lightly trimmed in closed loop, so for just moving the car around I am pretty sure open loop will be OK. I won't be using it anger at all until it's replaced. I may even have a spare sensor, would need to look. Thanks again!
Chris Wilson

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs