Some NEWB questions about m800 & viper

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Some NEWB questions about m800 & viper

Postby newbmotec on Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:02 am

Let me apologize from the get go for my complete newb questions as i am just learning. I have a motec m800 on my Dodge Viper and am wanting to make sure things are ok with a few things.

The car seems to be running rich at IDLE and has a hard time starting sometimes. Going through the system with the software i show that when i key on the fuel pressure ends up at 0 (from the sensor screen). When i was going through the other settings i noticed that injector output 8 seems to get voltage with key on, but then goes to 0 with the engine running (vs the other 7 doing the opposite). I am also not sure what other two outputs are for the other two injectors.

Key on Engine Off
Engine IDLE

I also had an error engine 8: open listed under diagnostics at one point. I found an injector wire that had worked its way out so i reattached it. The error isnt coming up at idle anymore but i havent drivin the car yet to see if it comes back.

I may be completely reading and understanding the system incorrectly but i guess thats why i am here asking. Can anyone provide advice or suggestions?

Thank you
newbmotec

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs